Friday, April 18, 2008

Every once in a while, you just have one of those days.

Have you ever had one of THOSE days? You know, the days were you and the circumstances around you are just not flowing on the same page?

It all started with I got to school today. I had a nice conversation on my walk into the build, but once I was there I relieved that I had forgotten my name badge and keys in the car. I make the trek back to my car only to see that there is no badge or key in it. I am a bit bummed because you need your badge to get into the building. Luckily though, there were people waiting in the hall that were able to let me in. So, I walk back to the class, and look through my bag and there they are, right at the bottom of my bag. Just a small change in my routine—putting my badge in the bag instead of in the glove box like normal, caused a small, yet annoying issue to occur this morning.

After that it went all downhill from there. You see, three weeks ago I had my routine set. I got off of work at 3:15, went home, napped, worked out, ate dinner, and went to bed. That was pretty much it. I was content with my lack of responsibility and causal days. However, that all changed . . . quickly. I started coaching track. Now, I rush out of work as soon as possible to make it to the Junior High to start practice. I am now directly responsible for nine great seventh grade boys, and in indirectly responsible for 70ish seventh and eighth grade boys and girls. After a week of coaching, I start classes, nothing hard just a reading class and an elementary literature class. However, I am required to participate in 20 hours of field observations, which means I get to work with one of my boys on reading for the next 20 days. Then I have been gone most of the week helping in the evenings with track meets. And, to top it all off, I get berated in front of some office staff about something I have no control over (the starting time for track practice).

So yeah, I am having a really distracted day. It is not a bad day. Nothing really terrible happened, but I have so much stuff going through my mind that I have been having issues processing it all. I go into these blank stares as one task is interrupted by another completely unrelated thought, which means once I snap out of it I have to start my previous task all over again. Man, I am glad tomorrow is Saturday. I am not sure if I could handle another weekday.

Oh yeah, tomorrow Arick is going to the State Finals for his Destination Investigation group, and Dave Mudder is getting married. Maybe tomorrow won’t be as relaxing as I had hoped! I also need to get some homework done before next Saturday!

No comments: